VMware Is Hiring Technical Support Engineer | Graduates Can Apply.
VMware Is Hiring Technical Support Engineer. VMware, Inc. is a subsidiary of Dell Technologies that provides cloud computing and platform virtualization software and services. It was the first commercially successful company to virtualize the x86 architecture.
VMware’s desktop software runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS, while its enterprise software hypervisor for servers, VMware ESXi, is a bare-metal hypervisor that runs directly on server hardware without requiring an additional underlying operating system.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer.
Location: Bangalore, India.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical pieces of training,
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Overall Work experience of 2 to 8 Years in the Technical domain. Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred.
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift environment.
- Basic understanding of some of the following technologies: Networking, Storage, Linux, TCP/IP, Windows Clustering/DHCP/DNS, Windows 2003/2008.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- A logical approach to problem-solving.
- Multiplatform Operating Systems Knowledge (Windows, Linux, UNIX) would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in providing voice-based Technical Support is a key requirement.
- Experience of working with global customers is an asset.
- CCNA / VCP / RHCE will be an added advantage.
Apply: Click Here