Oracle Careers | Oracle Is Hiring System Administrator | Graduate
Oracle careers. Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood Shores, California. The company specializes primarily in developing and marketing database software and technology, cloud engineered systems and enterprise software products — particularly its own brands of database management systems. In 2015, Oracle was the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
The company also develops and builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and supply chain management (SCM) software.
Job Title: System Administrator
Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Work Experience: Fresher
Example of Duties:
- Respond to reported service issues (incidents) by handling in-bound SRs ensuring that the customer’s problems are identified and documented using the Oracle Helpdesk application.
- Identify any known incident resolutions using a knowledge management system
- Apply identified resolutions to the incident and interact with the customer to ensure the incident has been properly resolved
- Ensure proper escalation of incidents to other GIT OU Support groups which cannot be resolved by this role.
- Liaise with regional Oracle University event scheduling teams to resolve events which have not been scheduled correctly
- Liaise with regional Oracle university teams and Global IT staff to identify and resolve classroom desktop problems which may affect the readiness of a classroom prior to a class starting.
- Work to defined GIT OU Support processes and quality guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and Solaris operating system commands and interfaces
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols is recommended
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts – VMware, Xen hosts
- Read, understand and apply known error management documentation and product installation guides for purposes of identifying and applying resolutions.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database technology is recommended.
- Follows verbal and written instructions accurately
- Understands the importance of customer service
- Written and verbal communication skills to deliver high-quality support
- Is able to manage time and workflow to meet service levels
- Adjusts terminology to meet the needs of the customer
- Presents issues and solutions clearly and checks for understanding
- Exercises judgment in seeking advice and counsel
- Handles stressful situations effectively
- Provides reliable follow-up
- Projects a positive and professional image
- Demonstrates teamwork skills
- Is able to take full ownership of responsibilities
- Understands departmental and company policies, procedures and business practices
- Works toward predefined performance targets
Apply: Click Here